Community experience: Green Zone
As part of the sustainable strategies proposed by AfroAtenAs, it is decided to implement from different environmental policies an experience that contributes to the development, care and beautification of the area with the creation of a Green space that produces food, treats health and generates jobs for graduates. from the Franklin Gómez de la Fuente school.
For the same it is proposed:
- Develop in the Medical Office No. 16 of the Callejón de las Tradiciones Community Experience an environmental space for the production of vegetables, animal husbandry, environmental workshops, ex-sale of ornamental plants and the treatment of various diseases such as Alzheimer’s and other dementias, high blood pressure, diabetes, stress, cancer, among other pathologies that are reflected in the community diagnoses.
- Repair structure and enable spaces in office No. 16 for the implementation of this project and the continuity of medical services.
- Develop and implement a specialized care program for people in the community in coordination with the health department and different projects of the University of Medical Sciences.
- Promote, socialize and extend this practice to other spaces in the community.
- Expand the Green Zone project to homes, Callejón de las Tradiciones and other areas of the community for food production and generation of green spaces.
- Implement an environmental program from the Green Map strategies of the Félix Varela Center.